Cisco packet tracer 7.2 latest version setup-file is available to download for all. It’s older versions were available for Netacad students and instructors. The latest version is available on both Windows 10 64 bit and 32 bit. You can download Cisco packet tracer 7.2 from official Cisco website.
But, it is a little clumsy, as the process is a bit longer. Now, in this post, you will get downloadable links of Cisco packet tracer latest version. You want to know, how to get Cisco packet tracer download links. The software is downloadable from a resume able high-speed server.
What is Cisco Packet Tracer?
If you are students of CCNP and CCNA, then, I am sure you are aware of Cisco packet tracer. It is one of the best software to improve technical networking skill.
It has impressive features that allow students to create network topologies. It’s primary use to visual simulating the configurations of routing, switching, and networking. It helps students for serving a practical purpose on networking. Moreover, it provides clear visualization on networking session activities. It’s drag and drop interface is effective to create complex networks configurations. It has the power to create a hybrid network such as physical networks and simulated networks. It is handy when we want to create visual network topologies. Besides, you can take individual elements on its drag and drop visual interface. The software is very popular among students and institutions worldwide. This software is worthy for those who want to learn networking using their PC, laptop & mobile.
What’s new in Cisco Packet Tracer?
Cisco packet tracer is a freeware software, moreover, it updates comes. In it’s latest version, Cisco didn’t add any new features but, they fixed some bugs and improved functions.
- In the older version, the CPT was crashing as reported by the user. Now, it will not be an issue when you upgraded to latest version.
- There was login need at each Packet, now; Cisco has removed the sign in the rule.
- A Mac user can download and install the software, earlier, it was only available for Windows & Linux.
- Cisco has introduced a new theme which is very attractive.
- The latest version has the Ability to deploy the device to a specific rack.
- Now, you can provide a name or rename a rack.
- You can align workspace objects.
- An improvement in protocol and software, it is improved from the older versions.
- 802.1x is there, which is very useful for students CCNP switch preparation.
- The new version has real HTTP or TCP server, which was missing in the older version.
- The updated version has real-time activity grading
- Now using improved Protocol. Traffic bridging between virtual packet tracer networks and the real network.
What are the benefits of using Cisco packet tracer?
It has many advantages which become handy to the use. Some benefits of using Cisco packet tracer include the following
- It is free to download for all, whether you are institutions or individuals. Now, anyone can get the benefit. Earlier, it was only available for Cisco Network Academy students.
- Cisco packet tracer gives you access the full networking labs to all. And it’s user for free using your laptop and PC. So, don’t have to go to any institutions.
- It can be accessible through Windows PC, Linux & Mac, so, no matter which OS you are holding.
- For first boot, a registration need which frees with no hidden charge, everything is free to use.
- It is accessible through Android devices, Cisco has made an android app which is free to download for all.
- Complete CCNA lab training without paying anything.
What are the main features?
Are you using an older version of Cisco packet tracer? Now, there are many advanced features in the latest version you should try. After reading the article, you will know, why you should move to updated Cisco packet tracer 7.2? I have discussed only two major features of CPT having.
Packet tracer workspace
In two areas, it has strong point. One is logical and other is physical logical workspaces.
You can connect and group virtual network devices to create logical work topology.
The physical workstation specifies the physical quantity in the logical network topology.
This helps us to understand how a network device appears in the real working situation.
Two operating modes allow visualizing network behavior in a packet tracker. One is simulation mode and others in real-time mode.
Simulation mode allows checking network behavior from one network to other networks. Also, provide practical details of data transfer.
In real-time mode, all networks provide instant feedback in real time. This option gives you the ability to work with real devices to get the possible options. You can study it before working with network devices in the field.
How I can download & install Cisco packet tracer
First, I will discuss how to install in Windows & Mac. Then, we will go for the direct download links.
- Double click on the setup file
- Allow the program to run.
- Accept the license agreement to go for further process.
- Click on next as long as it appears.
- Now, click on ‘install’, and wait till the installation is complete.
- Open the software, and allow the firewall permission.
- You have two option either ‘sign in’ or ‘guest login’.
- You can create one-time free registration to log in or you can ‘guest login’
- That’s it.
Minimum system requirement
To install, a computer must meet minimum system requirement. So, I have given a table, you should know
|Screen resolution||Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels|
|Disk space||617 MB free space|
|Processor||Minimum CPU: Intel Core® 2 Duo E6700, recommended Core i3, i5, i7, i9|
|RAM||Minimum 2GB, recommended 4GB|
|GHz||Minimum 1.8 Ghz|
|OS||Windows 10 32-64 bit, Mac OS & Linux|
Cisco packet tracer direct download links
As I promised earlier, I will provide you offline installer direct download links.
Direct download link Cisco packet tracer 7.2 for Windows 10, 8.1, 7 & XP 64 Bit
Android app download:
iPhone app download:
I hope you have enjoyed this article, if you find any difficulty regarding the download and installation. Kindly, go to Cisco network academy for more detail. You can put comment below regarding your concern, so that, I can offer a solution for you.